Five on Friday: Tailgatin', Cacti, Books, Pineapples, & NYC

Happy Friday!

I'm currently wearing my I love FRYday tee, and having a little celebratory dance in my chair that I'm getting this post up today! It's the little things y'all!

One. 


My tailgating crew is planning a summer get-together for next month and I'm sooo excited! This group has stuck by my side over the last 18 months and gave me an outlet to just be! If you're in Houston, a fan of the University of Houston Cougars & looking for a group to have a good time with let me know, we would love to have you come tailgate with us this next season!

Two. 


When I moved into my new place I didn't realize with taller ceilings you would need things like longer shower curtains. My old ones were hilarious to try to shower with. I'm surprised I didn't have a puddle of water on the ground each day. Oh well, it gave me a reason to order a cacti shower curtain and I'm SO in love with it! I'm obsessed with cacti and I'm trying real hard not to order all the cacti things for my place.


Three.

I'm currently reading The Nice Girl Syndrome by Beverly Engle. This book was recommended to me by my therapist after learning all the details of my marriage/divorce, my "relationship" with #CarGuy and my dating adventures with #DrummerBoy.

To be honest, I never considered myself a nice girl. My ex-husband used to always call me a b*tch anytime I spoke up for myself, other women, or expressed a different view point. So, eventually I believed it.

At the beginning of this book she has a list of about 20 questions to see if this book is for you. I answered yes to nearly all of them. Heartbreaking.

This has been a slow read for me because there are some chapters that it seems as if she is talking directly to me. The description of the person or the situation was horrifyingly similar.

Working on myself has been wonderful and I will continue to do it for the rest of my life, but boy oh boy I tell ya sometimes it is hard to stare the things you need to work on straight in the face!

Four. 



I snagged these shoes at Five Below to wear on a date with #Spurs to Six Flags San Antonio. (You first heard about him here.) Let me tell ya, these shoes were a hit! I had so many people stop to ask me where I got my shoes! & to think I almost didn't snag them because I really wanted cacti shoes! Now I want all the pineapple things too!

Five. 


2017 was a year I laid low. I allowed myself to heal, and slowly rediscover myself. One thing that never changed was my desire to travel. Last November I decided I was done waiting to experience life with someone and I was going to live life for myself. I contacted my girls who live in Jersey and NY, looked at Southwest's low fares calendar and booked myself a vacation to go to the city I dreamed of visiting since I was a little girl! I'll have a full post coming up about my experience next week!

Cheers to the weekend, I'm counting down the hours until #Spurs gets into town tonight!

xo,
Cel

You Might Also Like

0 comments