Tuesday Time Saver & Money Maker Tips: Ebates, $1 challenge, & Dosh

Happy Tuesday! If you missed last week's post, click here

The first website/plug-in I'm going to tell you about today is an oldie, but a goodie! 

Ebates. This site does not cost you a penny to sign up. & those are my fave ways to save and begin earning cash! 

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

I used to always forget about using Ebates until they created a plug-in for my web browser! I can't tell you how much cash back I have missed out on just because I used to forget to go through the Ebates website first. 

When I was shopping for tires for my car (headache! who else hates car stuff?) I was super thankful for my web browser plug-in because it told me how much cash back I would get from each site and I could calculate that into my savings when I purchased my tires. 

Right now if you join Ebates they'll give you a $10 cash bonus after your first $25 purchase. & you can earn $25 per person that you refer to Ebates with NO LIMIT! I'm not really sure why you wouldn't sign up right away and then start sharing with your friends!


Now, this next one doesn't require you to sign up for anything... but does require some discipline. The $1 challenge. This along with the $5 challenge has been floating around one of my FB finance groups and I finally decided to go for it myself. There's one rule and it is super simple. Any time you spend cash and you receive dollars as your change you must not spend the ones. You put them up in a box, piggy bank, or like myself I stuck them in a vase.

I don't always carry cash, so don't use that as your excuse! If you wanna play along, do it. Choose a time period that you'll check in with yourself and then celebrate the money that you've saved.

I'm going to check my vase once every quarter. So for this round, I'll be checking back in with my progress at the end of Summer.

I haven't decided what this money will be going towards but I'm excited anyway.



Lastly, I want to share an app with you that makes me feel like it's Christmas when I get a notification.

Dosh. Simply download and link your card(s), and when you swipe at local retailers/restaurants that are associated with Dosh you'll receive cash back. The reason why I say this one is like Christmas is because I don't seek out to dine or shop retailers that are associated with Dosh. I do check but I don't go out of my way. So when I ordered pizza for my move in weekend and my phone buzzed that money had been deposited into my Dosh account I was excited! Yay! Same for the instances my colleagues and I have lunch at Chili's (I lurve their margarita grilled chicken), we pay our bills and usually before we are headed back to the car my phone buzzes! It feels like I'm being paid to eat all the foods! Payless and Sams Club are apart of Dosh's affiliates and they also have a section where you can shop online through their app at places like Walmart, Sams Club, Toms, Sephora, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack... just to name a few ... and receive cash back too.

When you refer friends to this app & they sign up, link their card and make their first cash back purchase... you earn $5.

Think about how many times we refer our friends to our favorite apps or websites, and here you're getting a little bonus in your account to do so. Hop on it! 

Let me know if you try any of these! I would love to hear from you.

xo,
Cel

You Might Also Like

0 comments