Five on Friday: Life Lately

Happy FriYay! 

I've decided to participate in this Five on Friday thing that seems to be a pretty big trend in blogland. I figure it'll be a good way for me to have a consistent weekly post, and allow me to write about my life currently while I'm in the background writing & editing my other posts. :) If there is something that you'd like me to write about, please do not hesitate to e-mail me, or DM me on social media.

So let's get this FriYay party started.

One.


I chopped my hair. Again. I can't decide if I like it or not. I will tell  you that whom ever said short hair was less maintenance lied. When I had extra long hair I could pull off a messy look in about two seconds. If you have any tips for styling short hair, send them my way. This girl is lost. This is the shortest I've ever had my hair.

All I needed was an inch or so chopped because I burned my hair while listening to a podcast. I mean, I wasn't expecting the woman to say "It's like when a man respects you too much, the sex is boring. DON'T RESPECT ME IN THE BEDROOM!" ... it was a podcast about creativity! I'm lucky I didn't have coffee in my mouth. That would have been sprayed everywhere. Anyway, I asked my friends for their opinion on my hair cut and then while sitting in the chair figured we would go a little wild and just chop it all off!

I can't see myself keeping my hair short, but only time will tell!

Two. 


I received my Unity Bracelet in that I ordered from my friend and I love it so much! It's so dainty and pairs well with my Apple Watch + pretty much anything that I wear. The best part about this bracelet is that all net proceeds will be donated to the HollyRod foundation, a foundation dedicated to providing care and research for those living with Autism and their families. If you want to order one for yourself the direct link is here. My friend has a goal to sell 50 & they're only $19! 

Three. 



I went on a first date this weekend & had an amazing time. With a guy. Who drove in from San Antonio to meet me. Bought us tickets to the Astros vs Rangers game. Took me out for pizza after. Stayed sober & stayed up until 4am chatting away with me. He also came with a gift that he made for me that's 100% me! 



I have a blog post brewing on what will land you a 0.01% chance of getting a first date with me. I seriously can't even with some men.

Four. 



Now that I'm all settled in to my place and I don't have anymore sickies I've been managing to head down to my parent's place at least once a week! It's been refreshing and feels like a little get-away from the city. I love catching up with them. I've noticed, not only have I grown over the last 18 months, they have too. Both as a couple, parents and individuals. 

Five. 


Since moving my friends have asked me if I have checked out the local night life. The answer is no. I'm only about 15mins from my office and everything I need is within 20mins of me. I've really been enjoying being home & not being completely exhausted from my day because of my ridiculous commute. I've been able to nest, cook, clean, and do my laundry at my leisure AND have down time in the evenings whether it is sitting out on my balcony or cuddled up with my furbabe watching a TV show before getting some rest.

I've also been able to spend time with my work family some evenings, so I guess I have explored a little night life. 


In selecting my apartment, I made sure I got everything I could possibly want. I knew I wanted to spend a lot of time just being home. Once I have a few more things on the walls, and a couple more pieces of furniture I'll do a little home tour for you. For now you can follow me on IG stories or SnapChat (Cel.Ybarra) to get glimpses.


xo,
Cel

You Might Also Like

0 comments