The Story Behind My Second Tattoo: Bird Cage


Not even two weeks after I got my first tattoo at Mainline Ink, I was back to see Becca for my second tattoo.

It was the eve of my divorce finalization and my best-friend had come down to have dinner and spend the night with me because she was going to attend my court date with me.

We went to dinner first, dinner. I had told her about the amazing strawberry margarita at LongHorn Steakhouse along with their Molten Lava Cake. We had to have both. Mistake y'all. We should have shared the margarita and we should have eaten something to coat our stomachs because holy sugar overload!

Afterwards we went by Torchy's to grab a taco. The guy I was dating at the time, #CarGuy, happened to be there, but I got the cold shoulder. This should have been a major red flag for me...

Aiko and I had been talking about this tattoo. I knew I wanted something with a bird and a cage, something that symbolized me breaking away, something to remind me that I am free & to never allow myself to be controlled again. We had searched pinterest for some ideas and then came up with a blend of our own.

We found the perfect birdcage and birdie flying out, then we came up with having the bird cage hanging off of the word "Libre" , Spanish for Free. It was perfect!

We messaged Becca to see if she could get me in that night and I stalked my phone like crazy! I needed this tattoo. Boop. Becca messaged back that she was free! Whoo!

Y'all. I thought this tattoo would be easier. But, I guess since my emotions were already pretty high, and I was overloaded with sugar I threw up, and blacked out for a moment. My best-friend and Becca had accidentally hit me with the trashcan and I didn't feel it or remember it. Ha! I also think I forgot to breathe for a little bit. Remember to breathe, y'all!


I have a couple other tattoos that I want but design and placement isn't nailed down yet. Also, I don't want to pass out or throw up again! Ha!


You Might Also Like

0 comments